Data Entry Forms are used to manually add records to a table as well as to manually edit existing records on a table. Data Entry Forms can be easily created in the application, as web forms, mobile forms or PDF forms.
Note: Data entry forms will be associated with Reports when the forms are being created. With this, you will be able to see the form in order to add or edit records when viewing a report.
Since forms are linked to reports when forms are being created, reports will have to be created prior to creating data entry forms.
To Add a Form:
Make sure a report has been creating prior to adding a form. See Add Reports Section on how to create reports.
1. On the sidebar menu, click on the drop-down arrow next to the desired table, and click Manage Forms. This will display the Table’s Forms Page.
2. On the Table’s Forms Page, click Add Form at the upper-right corner.
3. On the pop-up window, select Web form.
4. Enter a Form Name, Description if desired, and from the drop-down, select a report to link the form to.
5. On the Create Form Page, under Fields:
1. Drag and Drop to add fields to a row of the form. You can add multiple fields to the same row. These will be the fields for which you wish to be able to add/edit data manually.
2. Insert/remove rows with the plus/minus buttons, if you wish to have multiple rows displayed on the form.
3. Select Add Tab to add multiple tabs to your form. The tabs can be useful to divide the form in sections if it contains too many fields. If you add multiple tabs, update the tab's title and select the desired Hide check-boxes if you wish to hide the Tab's title from the form.
6. If you are adding a Relationship Field to the form (i.e., the field from a related parent table), then you will be able to select the Parent Table's Field to display on the form (as opposed to the Parent Table Key Field).
Click on the drop-down of the Relationship Field to select the Parent Field to display on the form.
7. Once the Fields are added, you can click on each field to display additional report settings for that field. With the additional settings, you can specify the following:
|Required Checkbox||If the Required checkbox is selected, data input will be required for the field.|
|Hidden Checkbox||If the Hidden checkbox is selected, the field will be hidden from the report.|
|Read-only Checkbox||If the Read-only checkbox is selected, the field will be read-only and will not be editable by any user.|
|Required Filter||The Required Filter can be used to specify conditions for when to make a field required.|
|Hidden Filter|| The Hidden Filter can be used to specify conditions for when to hide a field.|
8. Click Save Form when done.