The user role dictates which tables a user will have access to, as well as which actions a user will be able to perform. Any existing user role can be assigned to multiple users.
To add a User Role to an application:
1. On the Table Dashboard, click on the Cog icon in the upper left corner to access the App Settings Page.
2. On the App Settings Page displayed, click on the Roles tab.
3. On the Roles tab, click Add Role.
4. Enter a Name for the User Role and determine if the user role "IsPublic". If the user role is public, the role exists across your different Applications.
5. Select an Application Default Page from the drop-down option. This will be the Custom Page the users with that user role will see when logged in. (Refer to How to Create a Page if one is not already created)
6. Next, for each of the tables displayed, select all the required options/permissions for the role. The following options can be selected:
|View||To view records on a table|
|Edit||To change records on a table|
|Add||To add records/data to a table|
|Delete||To delete records from a table|
|Hide Table||To hide the table for this user role's view|
|Default Page||The custom page this user role will see|
when selecting a table
7. Next, click on the Management Folder next to a table to select the management permissions this user role will have for that particular table. This will display a window from which you can select the following options. These options are usually Admin permissions:
|Import Data||To import data into the table via CSV File or CSV Endpoint|
|Manage Reports||To create, edit, delete reports for the table|
|Manage Forms||To create, edit, delete forms for the table|
|View Table||To view the table|
8. Click Save Changes when the Management functions are selected (if needed).
9. If you would like to add Filters to the View, Edit, or Delete option. Select the button next to the corresponding checkbox.
The Filters window will be displayed.
If desired, you will be able to filter the data you wish the user role to be able to View, Add, Edit, or Delete.
First, select All or Any to specify whether All or Any one of the filter conditions need be true. You will then select a desired Column (field from the corresponding table), a Condition (for example “is equal to”), and then enter the Value you wish to filter.
Use the +/- Action buttons to add or remove filter criteria.
10. Click Save Changes when the Filters are selected (if needed).
11. Click Save on the Roles Page when done. The user role created is now available to assign to new or existing users.